NDTVcooks.com posted an article online today about skin care in your 30s. Since I just turned 30 this year, I thought I should read this...
Sadly, I can relate. While My hair hasn't changed, and I don't have any wrinkles yet, my 30s hormones have manifested themselves in the form of severe acne... sigh... There are some great tips in this article about skin care for people in their 30s.
At Salt City lashes, all of our lash artists are licensed estheticians. if you have any questions about general skin care, feel free to pick our brains during your next service.
Here are the tips given by Dr. Deepali Bhardwaj
How to look fabulous in your 30s:
To stay gorgeous through your 30s and after, follow these 8 simple steps:
1. Cleansing - Cleanse your skin each morning and make sure to remove all makeup and cleanse again before bedtime. This allows the skin to perform its essential protective and renewal functions well. Always use products suggested by your dermatologist as there are many products available in the market and picking the right can be confusing.
2. Exfoliate - Exfoliate at night rather than in the day. Overnight skin is in renewal mode and removing dead skin skin prior to bedtime enhances the skin's function. Exfoliate gently, just to remove dead skin and if your skin is oily or you've got acne then exfoliating twice a week should be sufficient.
3. Protect - Protect your skin during the day by combining an antioxidant serum or vitamin C serum with sun screen as they enhance each other. Be sure to apply the sunscreen first.
4. Stay hydrated - Make sure that the skin is not dehydrated. Don't spend more than 5 minutes in the shower and use lukewarm water. Use a moisturizing body wash as acts as a protective moisture barrier for the skin.
Here's a golden nugget of advice for working professionals: Add 4-5 drops of essential body oils or if nothing then almond oil/vitamin e oil/sesame oil in 2 mugs of water and splash it on the body to form a moisturizing coat.
5. Sunscreen - Wear a sunscreen with broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection every single day of the year, including raining days and on overcast winter days. UVA rays are "slow agers" which remain constant throughout the year.
6. Moisturize - Rub in rich intense moisturizing body lotion or apricot oil daily after bathing on slightly damp body for a healthy, hydrated skin.
7. Drink water - Drink plenty of water to also stay hydrated internally. Add lemon or lime juice for an extra boost. Eat a healthy and high-fiber diet and workout for atleast 15-20 daily.
8. Stay stress free - Of course that's easier said than done but indulging in a hobby of ones choice works wonders for the skin.